ANSI C Draft

Michael Meissner meissner at dg_rtp.UUCP
Tue Apr 1 08:42:50 AEST 1986

In article <296 at hadron.UUCP> jsdy at hadron.UUCP (Joseph S. D. Yao) writes:

>I'm amazed that there isn't any more support for putting the
>ANSI C draft on the NIC (Network Information Centre).  This
>is a great way to make it available to half the community,
>who can then mail it to the other half.  Let's do it!

The ANSI X3J11 committee looked at doing this, but we can't for political
reasons.  Namely, one of the parent committees, which has veto control over
the standards process, gets it's money by selling copies of the standards
and draft standards.