unix documentation (was Question on getopt())

Tom Stockfisch tps at sdchem.UUCP
Mon Aug 4 11:30:45 AEST 1986

In article <5733 at sun.uucp> guy at sun.UUCP writes:
>> >Read the code, not the manual page!
>> This may come as a great surprise to you, but some of us don't HAVE source
>> code :-(
>This may come as a great surprise to you, but I'm at least as aware of that
>as you.  However, the person in question was talking about 4.3BSD, which
>means they almost certainly had source code...
>	Guy Harris

Biggest surprise:  of the more than 100 users on our system, only *4* are
allowed to look at UNIX software.  Are only local gurus supposed to use
library functions?

--Tom Stockfisch, UCSD Chemistry