entry keyword?

Stanley Friesen friesen at psivax.UUCP
Sat Aug 23 05:05:52 AEST 1986

In article <574 at hope.UUCP> corwin at hope.UUCP (John Kempf) writes:
>Can anyone tell me what the entry keyword is supposed to do?
>I have seen it mentioned in several C books, but all of them
>say that it is supposed to be implimented later.
>thanks,

	It was "reserved" so that multiple entry points to a single
routine could be added to the language later, a la PL/I. For example:

void func1(a)
int a;
{
	int b;

	b = f(a);
	/* Do some stuff */
entry func2(a, b)
	/* Do some more stuff */
	return;
}

	Or anyway something like that. The idea is to allow related
routines to shre code more efficiently. The feature will probably
never be implemented though, so it is probably just of historical
interest.
---

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

ARPA: ??