Wanted: arbitrary precision integer arithmetic

Larry Campbell campbell at maynard.UUCP
Wed Dec 3 14:41:08 AEST 1986

In article <4056 at jhunix.UUCP> msc_wers at jhunix.UUCP (Edward R Scheinerman) writes:

>I am looking for subroutines that do basic arithmetic
>(plus, minus, times, divide, modulus, input and output) with
>very high (or even arbitrary) precision integers (up to about
>200 digits). My preference is for C code (that will run under
>UNIX System V), but FORTRAN is an acceptible alternative.

The MP(3X) library routines, included in UNIX, do all this and more.

--
Larry Campbell       MCI: LCAMPBELL          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
UUCP: {alliant,wjh12}!maynard!campbell      120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109