Arcane C hacks?

Marc Mengel aaz at pucc-j
Fri Feb 28 03:48:37 AEST 1986

	As far as I know, the following code is legal, and it works on
    all the machines I have ever used.  It is not neccesarily portable
    everywhere, since some machines may not like executing in the
    data segment, but then again, if you are putting machine code in
    an array and executing it, it isn't portable code in *any* case.

char foo[BIGNUM];
main()
{
        int result;

	/* code to put machine code into foo[] */

	result = (* (int (*)()) foo)();
}
--
					Marc Mengel
Uucp: { decvax, icalqa, ihnp4, inuxc, sequent, uiucdcs  }!pur-ee!pucc-j!aaz

USnail: 910 N. 9th street
	Lafayette IN 47904