ld - the link editor

Joseph S. D. Yao jsdy at hadron.UUCP
Fri Jan 10 00:42:16 AEST 1986

The link editor is a much more versatile program than most people
give it credit for or even (including me) can understand.  Many of
its features are for curious systems-programming use, like providing
non-standard entry points for stand-alone programs, or curdling
memory models on odd machines.  If its use were only for linking
C applications programs, we would make the options the C compiler
uses standard, and then not have any more, no?
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy at seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}