fast code and no morals

Laura Creighton laura at hoptoad.uucp
Wed Jan 29 06:40:47 AEST 1986

Guess what.  I just compiled this into 68000 assembler.  Now, I haven't
ever had to program in this particular assembler, but assembler is
assembler -- even I could optimise the hell out of it.  God knows what
John Gilmore could do with it!  If you really want fast as hell, this is
the way to go.  If you want portable code, write portably.  But why on
earth do you want something which is not as fast as you could make it
with a half hours extra work *and* not portable and a bitch to maintain?

--
Laura Creighton
sun!hoptoad!laura		(note new address!  l5 will still
hoptoad!laura at lll-crg.arpa