pointers to functions

sbanner1 sbanner1 at uvicctr.UUCP
Thu Jun 26 02:22:02 AEST 1986

In article <237 at killer.UUCP> toma at killer.UUCP (Tom Armistead) writes:
>Secondly is it possible to have an array of type 'pointer to' function.

Yes, It is possible, though I don't remember the details.  A freind of
mine wrote a program to convert ASCII carage control to IBM/Fortran
carage control, where he read a character, and called the function
indexed by it in the array.  I have the source for it somewhere if
you are interested.  It works great on our Pyramid where the function
call overhead is low, but slows down on our 780, and the IBM PC clone
I have at home.

                     Hope this helps,

                          S. John Banner

Disclamer : I am not in any way affiliated with any of the manufacturers
listed above, except in that I am a user of them all.  The opinions I
have experessed may not nessasarily reflect the veiws of anyone else
at this establishment.

!uw-beaver!uvicctr!sbanner1   UUCP.
ccsjb at uvvm    BITNET.