Analysis and DEsign

Frank Adams franka at mmintl.UUCP
Tue Jun 17 12:30:03 AEST 1986

In article <441 at ccird1.UUCP> rb at ccird1.UUCP (Rex Ballard) writes:
>In my own experience, [...] only top-level
>DFDs and S-charts were provided and top-level tasks were assigned to
>different people with no "bottom level unification effort".  The result,
>20 different flavors of "convert structure A to structure B".

Personally, I believe in doing "top-down" and "bottom-up" design
simultaneously.  You design down from the algorithm, and up from the data
structures; the results meet somewhere in the middle.  A design which deals
only with top-level tasks is inadequate (except possibly in the case where
a single person implements the entire design).