What should be added to C

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Sun Jun 8 12:31:24 AEST 1986

> ... The biggest change [in F77] was the IF (...) THEN ... ENDIF
> construct.  I don't know of *any* compiler which supported this before the
> standard came out; certainly it was not common...

It was in almost every Fortran preprocessor in existence, of which there
were dozens.  There was a lot of coding experience using them.  For most
of its users, a preprocessor counts as part of the compiler.
--
Usenet(n): AT&T scheme to earn
revenue from otherwise-unused	Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology