fopen(), etc. in X3J11 Draft Standard

Michael Meissner meissner at dg_rtp.UUCP
Tue Jun 17 01:11:14 AEST 1986

In article <842 at brahma.cs.hw.AC.UK> chris at cs.hw.ac.uk (Chris Miller) writes:

>I notice that the February 1986 X3J11 draft standard for C omits
>mention of fopen(), freopen() and fclose() (except in the index, which
>is full of errors and appears to refer to an earlier draft).

    This was an accidental omission.  It was included intact in the march
document.  The index probably suffered since we had to change from numbering
the major sections (environment, language, library, appendices) with upper
case roman letters to numbers, due to ANSI rules on how a standard should
look.