What should be added to C

Frank Adams franka at mmintl.UUCP
Fri Jun 6 04:20:20 AEST 1986

In article <774 at jade.BERKELEY.EDU> mwm at ucbopal.UUCP (Mike Meyer) writes:
>The thing about F77 (and FIV vs FII) is that most of the features in
>the F77 standard had already been implemented - or at least something
>similar to them - in most compilers already.

This is not true.  The biggest change was the IF (...) THEN ... ENDIF
construct.  I don't know of *any* compiler which supported this before the
standard came out; certainly it was not common.  This change was completely
upward compatible; but so are my proposed changes.  (Well, not completely so
in all cases, but almost.  Some of them reserve new keywords.)