simulating data abstraction facilities

ed gokhman esg at mtx5a.UUCP
Fri Jun 27 09:11:07 AEST 1986

Hi:

I am working on a fairly large project that involves
about 40 software engineers.

What I would like to do is to simulate data abstraction
facilities as a design guideline. Note, for various
reasons we HAVE to use C for time being. The draft-proposal
is to use file scoping and conditional preprocessor
clauses to stop private members of a class of data/functions/types
from external linkage.

I understand that this is far from C++, but, again, for
reasons beyong my control C++ is out of reach for now.

I read some semi-optimistic semi-pessimistic opinions
on such approach. What does the network think about it ?
I would appreciate any opinions, suggestions, critics,
examples, etc.

				Thanx in advance,
				Ed Gokhman