array of pointers to functions

Stanley Friesen friesen at psivax.UUCP
Thu Mar 6 02:01:10 AEST 1986

In article <111 at spp5.UUCP> brahms at spp5.UUCP (Bradley S. Brahms) writes:

>Is it just the implementation of c on the AT&T 7300 or is it normal for c
>not to allow arrays of function pointers?  I couldn't find any reference
>to using arrays of function pointers in K&R but it seemed rather straight
>forward.

	It is "just" the "implementation" of on the ATT 7300. In fact
it is a *bug* in the ATT 7300 compiler. In 'C' ypu are allowed to do
anything that is not explicitly forbidden. You may make arrays of
*any* type except arrays of functions. Any compiler that forbids
arrays of function pointers is *broken*. In fact this is the only one
I have ever heard of that has this "restriction". You should call the
vendor (?AT&T) and complain about this bug.
--

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

ARPA: ttidca!psivax!friesen at rand-unix.arpa