Questions about C on a Prime (primix)

Hokey hokey at plus5.UUCP
Wed Mar 19 07:06:15 AEST 1986

I went over to the local Prime office the other day in order to port some
software.  After the initial shock of having of discovering I will have to run
each file through dd in order to put it into the compressed/high-bit-on format
(a real thrill, they should have a special tar program to do it all at once),
I was told that their C port keeps the 8th bit *on* for all ascii characters.

This seems kind of strange.  Near as I can tell, this means the following
code fragment won't work:

	strcpy(dst, src)
	    char *dst;
	    char *src; {

		while(*dst++ = *src++) ;
		return;}

Can this be true?  If so, are there any other details I should know before
I try to do this again?
--
Hokey		..{ihnp4,seismo}!plus5!hokey
		314-725-9492