Arcane C hacks?

J.HARKINS jph at houxf.UUCP
Mon Mar 3 04:28:25 AEST 1986

Sorry for the delay, haven't read news in a week ...

>and just malloc the storage for the generated code.  ...  It should be

This is the line I missed in the original posting, thus the motivation
for my reply to Karl Heuer's posting was off the mark.  Sorry about that Karl,
and everyone else who has charred the Recieve Data line on my modem for it.

>Huh???  This line of code DOES NOT cast a char * into an int....

I should have said (int (*))() instead of int,  and was referring to the
declaration, not the attempt to assign code to a variable.  As I said above,
I conviently missed the orignal point, trying to dynamically generate code,
which is indeed illegal for seperate I&D.

So, in the words of Gilda Radner: "Never mind".

Consider this posting my reply to future flames on my original reply.
------
Disclaimer: I hereby disclaim all my debts.
------
Jack Harkins @ AT&T Bell Labs
Princeton Information
(201) 949-3618