unary +

Frank Adams franka at mmintl.UUCP
Tue Mar 11 09:44:12 AEST 1986

[Not food]

I have a suggestion for the C standardization committee.  Rather than using
a unary + operator to force the order of evaluation, why not use a different
kind of parentheses; specifically, square brackets?  I think something like:

   a + [b + c]

is easier to read than

   a + +(b + c)

I see no more problem with confusing this use of square brackets with
indexing than there is now confusing parentheses for grouping with function
calls.