A good use of a bad feature

UNIX 4.2 BSD root at icst-cmr
Mon May 5 01:49:02 AEST 1986

	While discussing various features and miss-features of C
	with my friend Charley (mangoe) Wingate recently, we both
	agreed that the fall through case statement is among the least
	defensible of C's features.

	Jim \/\/illiams
	jim at mimsy.umd.edu
	umcp-cs!jim.UUCP

You will find much disagreement on that point, I'm afraid. Fall thru is
more flexible. You can always break, but often cases are related so that
a particular case requires a superset of another case. It is to DMR's
credit that he realized this feature. I sure wouldn't have thought of it.

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell		<rbj at cmr>
	"One man gathers what another man spills"