Obfuscated C

William E. Woody woody at juliet.caltech.edu
Wed May 7 03:50:14 AEST 1986

  I understand that it would be very useful to have /\, \/, #import, ^^,
&#, and any other pair of non-alphanumeric character represent some special
operation that would be useful (and even _important_) for some application
or another.

  HOWEVER, as useful it would be to include other operators, Remember What
Happened to PL/1.  Because everyone in the design committee wanted something
and no-one wanted to say no! we stop adding commands/functions/operators
here, I have never seen a full implementation of PL/1 on any machine--the
original language specifications are too bloody big to have a compiler fit
on a single vax.

  I Like C to be reasonably easy to learn _and_ extremely powerful, as well.
But if we tack on new commands and operators at will, then everyone's program
will be a winner in the Obfuscated C contest!

         - William Woody
      NET  Woody%Romeo at Hamlet.Caltech.Edu
   USNAIL  1-54 Lloyd, Caltech / Pasadena, CA 91126

Boy I can feel the flames now! :-)