Design Process

Root Boy Jim rbj at icst-cmr
Fri May 16 11:00:27 AEST 1986

	> All too often, one sees programmers writing code before
	> a proper job of analysis and design has been done.  I
	> also believe that is partly because semi-running code
	> makes it appear as though progress has been made,
	> while a complete design doesn't convey the same impression.

	Sorry, Doug, I can't let that one go by.

Me neither. It has also been said that programs should be written twice:
once to find out what the specs are, then that program should be thrown
away and the job done right.

TPC seems to have followed that philosophy, as System V looks nothing
at all like UNIX :-)

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell		<rbj at cmr>
	"One man gathers what another man spills"