What should be added to C

Kenneth Ng ken at njitcccc.UUCP
Sat May 31 13:04:46 AEST 1986

In article <963 at h-sc2.UUCP>, augart at h-sc2.UUCP (augart) writes:
> >>Why would you want to use it?
> >When your macro won't fit on a line, and/or you want to use #if's etc
> >as part of the macro, obviously.
>
> If your macro won't fit on a line, you can already handle this problem by
> finishing off each line except the last with a backslash.
> The other addition would be a win, though.
C will not allow you to put #if's into a multiple line
macro, the backslash only allows you to continue the same line
on the next line.  It does NOT allow you to start another line.

--
Kenneth Ng: uucp(unreliable) ihnp4!allegra!bellcore!njitcccc!ken
	    bitnet(prefered) ken at njitcccc.bitnet

New Jersey Institute of Technology
Computerized Conferencing and Communications Center
Newark, New Jersey 07102

Vulcan jealousy: "I fail to see the logic in prefering Stonn over me"
Number 5: "I need input"