questions from using lint

VLD/VMB gwyn at BRL.ARPA
Fri May 16 09:29:15 AEST 1986

You seem to have missed a key word in my posting.
I urged "a proper job of analysis and design"
before coding.  A proper job of systems analysis
addresses the issues you raised.  Structured
software development even encourages early hands-
on use of prototypes, to REFINE the design, not to
try to ARRIVE at a design by trial-and-error.

There IS a lot of knowledge about user interaction;
like structured software development, however, few
practitioners appear to have bothered to study it.