Greenleaf Function Library

bright at dataio.UUCP bright at dataio.UUCP
Sat May 10 01:18:09 AEST 1986

In article <479 at brl-smoke.ARPA> C90562JM%WUVMD.BITNET at wiscvm.ARPA writes:
>I have been using the Greenleaf Functions general library for
>over 2 years and have in general been quite happy with it and have
>recommended it to others as a reasonable general purpose library
>for PC-DOS environments.  I now must modify that recommendation
>as it appears that the vendor is unwilling to support the code
>which they distribute.
> [description of bug]
>I sent a fix to them.  This was over two
>weeks ago and the greenleaf folks have neither acknowledged what
>I sent them nor fixed the routine.
>Since source is supplied with the Greenleaf Functions, I can fix
>it for myself, but other potential buyers should be aware of the
>apparent lack of support by Greenleaf for their library.

I think you should give the people at Greenleaf a break. Expecting them
to fall over dead when a minor bug is found in their code is unreasonable.
All significant software has bugs. Normal practice for a company is to
wait until a sufficient number of bugs have been found to warrant
issuing an update. If a company released revised versions of their software
every time a bug was reported, and worked overtime to release it as soon
as possible, they would go out of business.