Documentation on 4.2 /bin/cc

Rob Brunner X2830 brunner at sdsioa.UUCP
Fri May 9 03:14:25 AEST 1986

Does anyone know of any good docs. on 4.2bsd /bin/cc??  I'm
not looking for a man-type page.  I'm looking for a description
of exactly how it treats certain variable declarations, the
parse trees it uses, etc.

The new Dragon Book (Compilers: Techniques...) Aho, Hopcraft, & Ulman
[1986] references an article published by Dennis Ritchie in 1979, called
"A Tour Through The UNIX C Compiler" but it is nowhere to be found.
(does not exist in any UC library, and not mentioned even in Citation
Index for {1979|1980}). I sense it might be only an internal document
published internally by/for AT&T and not distributed at all.  Does any-
one know where I can find it??

Thanks in advance for any direction.

--
------
Rob Brunner, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego