what should be added to C

ed gokhman esg at mtx5a.UUCP
Thu May 29 06:32:51 AEST 1986

C++ makes a few interesting enhancements to its C subset.
While playing with C++, I found at least two new features
to be very usefull:

1. inline specifier. This is a better alternative to
   macros in that you may have return values for
   multi-statement macros. Plus, of cause, having
   a frequently used feature defined in language proper
   is nice.

2. Reference variables, e.g. int& i, used to provide
   call by reference and implemented as a pointer
   to a variable that is dereferenced every time it is used.

I would rather see C++ and Concurrent C making their way
into the ANSI standard, but, if it is unfeasible, at least
their usefull additions to the "old C" should see the
world.

					Ed Gokhman