structured assembler (BASIC) [Really: C builtin functions?]

Frank Adams franka at mmintl.UUCP
Thu May 1 09:19:36 AEST 1986

In article <5341 at alice.uUCp> ark at alice.UUCP writes:
>The C definition of "function" is not the same as the mathematical
>definition.  A C function is a part of a program.  A mathematical
>function is a set of ordered pairs that meet certain conditions.
>
>That said, note that sizeof(i) is syntactically a constant.  This
>would not be true if sizeof were a function.

Good grief!  I am getting very tired of this.  You can think of sizeof as
a function if you want to, and you can think of it as not being a function
if you want to.  For some purposes (I haven't noticed any purpose in the
discussion so far) one is more useful; for others, the other is.

Now will everybody please SHUT UP about the subject?