C structs & A question about octet

Tim Pozar pozar at well.UUCP
Wed Nov 5 15:22:25 AEST 1986

   Funny you were mentioning structure alignments.  I was just writing a
programme that plays with the PSP on a MS-DOS machine.  I couldn't figure out
why the name of the file was always cut off by two bytes.  Oh! the structure
is aligned on the int boundary.  Geezsh.  But there is a switch for the Micro-
soft 4.0 C compiler (/Zp) that packs structure members.

    This is for all...
    Is there any spec that a puts() should a \n at the end of everything?  My
Microsoft 4.0 compiler does it, and I can't find any reference that describes
puts() doing something like that in K&R.  Is this a new standard?
                         Tim Pozar