Signed char - What Foolishness Is This!

james james at reality1.UUCP
Wed Oct 22 16:47:33 AEST 1986

In article <8719 at duke.duke.UUCP>, jwg at duke.UUCP (Jeffrey William Gillette) writes:
> MSC 4.0 defaults 'char' to 'signed char'.
> 2)      What possible justification is there for this default?

I hate to bring up the manual, but there is a /J option now that makes the
char default to an unsigned value.  There is also a keyword "signed" to
override that default when /J is used.  Which also brings up keeping your
software up to date if you haven't upgraded to version 4.0 yet...

--
James R. Van Artsdalen    ...!ut-ngp!utastro!osi3b2!james    "Live Free or Die"