Size of a function

LINNDR%VUENGVAX.BITNET at wiscvm.wisc.edu LINNDR%VUENGVAX.BITNET at wiscvm.wisc.edu
Sun Jan 4 06:46:10 AEST 1987

        To the best of my knowledge, there is no way currently defined in
C to get the size of a function, in any units. My immediate interest is
in telling what function an address belongs during run-time. The only
solutions I know of involve an intimate knowledge of the relocatable file
(esp. the symtab) format. Is there a good way to determine this value?

It might be nice if sizeof(function_name) could be defined to return this
value.

David Linn
LINNDR%VUENGVAX.BITNET at WISCVM.WISC.EDU          | Internet
...!psuvax1!vuengvax.bitnet!linndr              | UUCP