lint as a part of cc

tanner at ki4pv.UUCP tanner at ki4pv.UUCP
Sat Jan 17 02:16:05 AEST 1987

) There should also be a way to shut off lint complaints about non-
) portable code in just a small, known region (#ifdef MY_MACH_TYPE)

Sure enough, there is.  We use it here often enough for some obscure
and non-portable library refs which shrink the final object code:
#ifndef	lint
#ifdef	MY_MACH_TYPE
 /*  my rather lint-clogged 4 lines of crud  */
 /*  with explanation of what's going on & why it's mach-dep */
#endif
#endif

--
<std dsclm, copies upon request>	   Tanner Andrews