C Review

Fred Holtz holtz at sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU
Thu Jan 15 11:54:12 AEST 1987

The quotes you included were all very much out of line, in my not so humble
opinion.  I'm no C wizard,  but have on some occasion used all the language
items covered.  As for what an lvalue is - you might as well not
discuss pointers at all if you don't have some concept of lvalue.
And in order to use malloc one must understand the units being allocated,
i.e. bytes (usually).  Sizeof fits naturally into this theme.   It
makes me wonder how biased against C (and C programmers) the reviewer
was...

Fred Holtz
holtz at sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU
--