Reserved words in C

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Thu Jan 8 07:39:23 AEST 1987

In article <4207 at watmath.UUCP> rbutterworth at watmath.UUCP (Ray Butterworth) writes:
>...  Any library that now uses or defines
>isascii() is in violation of the standard.

I'm not sure that's true.  The only reference to this I found
was in 4.13.1, which indicates a possible future direction for
evolution of the standard, as a warning to users and implementors.
That doesn't keep them from using is[a-z]* functions now, although
if one does so he may have to change his code later to conform to
a future revision of the standard.