C-Compiler for CP/M-80 wanted

Ralf at adm.UUCP Ralf at adm.UUCP
Fri Jan 23 09:50:56 AEST 1987

I'm looking for a C-Compiler that runs in the CP/M-80 environment.

Important features would be:

        - it MUST create 8080-object code (NOT Z-80), because my
          target machine uses an 8085 as central processor. How-
          ever, the compiler need not run under 8080, my development
          system has an Z-80 built in.

        - it must create ROMable code, that means: separate DATA and
          CODE segments.

        - code must be able to run standalone, without the CP/M en-
          vironment (I know I have to write my own startup module then
          and that I can't use most of the runtime library - but that's
          OK with me).

        - it should be interlinkable with assembly language routines,
          preferrable compatible with the RMAC-package.

        - it should be a commercial product. I tried SCC8080 and had
          no luck running it, I think there must be an error in the
          runtime code provided. As I'm not the one who has to pay
          for it, I don't want to fiddle around with an undocumented
          product.

Thanx for any information,

Ralf Bayer (The Care-Baer)
Computing Center @ the Technical University of Darmstadt, West Germany