Lisp-C interface

edw at ius2.cs.cmu.edu.UUCP edw at ius2.cs.cmu.edu.UUCP
Sat Mar 14 03:04:20 AEST 1987

   Question to thoses of you that are familiar with Sun's Common Lisp and
its foreign function call feature.

   I am designing an interface in lisp to a library written in C.  There is
no problem calling the C functions, the problem is that this library
extensively uses malloc and free.  As I have been told by other people,
when lisp goes to garbage collect, it also collects the memory that
was allocated by malloc (all memory up to sbrk).

    One, is this true?
    Second if so are there any plans to fix it so malloc will work right
    or am I stuck re-implementing malloc.

						Eddie Wyatt