signal functions

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sun Apr 17 08:34:31 AEST 1988

> ... The true signal interface in 4.2/4.3BSD is the `sigvec'
> system call; the `signal' interface is emulated in the C library.
> That emulation could (but does not now, on the Vax and Tahoe, where
> it happens to be unnecessary) arrange to call `signal' handlers
> with only one argument, while `sigvec' handlers would get all three.

Unfortunately, the current documentation (as published by Usenix)
specifies the three-argument form for both sigvec and signal, and at
first glance I see not even a mention of the one-argument form.
--
"Noalias must go.  This is           |  Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
non-negotiable."  --DMR              | {ihnp4,decvax,uunet!mnetor}!utzoo!henry