Put your code where your mouth is (was Re: gotos)

David Collier-Brown daveb at geac.UUCP
Mon Apr 25 22:46:52 AEST 1988

In article <2595 at ttrdc.UUCP> levy at ttrdc.UUCP (Daniel R. Levy) writes:
>Nice show of arrogance but any reasonable reader must conclude that you have
>not proved your case.  You somehow found plenty of time to rail against gotos.

    Well, I can't always claim to be reasonable, but I'll claim
Henry is right.  When I read the Knuth paper, I wondered if the real
subject was optimizing compilers... I sorta recollect I saw at least
one thing that PL/1 would do automagically.
    I will also claim to be a reader...

--dave c-b
--
 David Collier-Brown.                 {mnetor yunexus utgpu}!geac!daveb
 Geac Computers International Inc.,   |  Computer Science loses its