GNU licensing

Dave Jones djones at megatest.UUCP
Thu Apr 7 04:05:16 AEST 1988

in article <12818 at brl-adm.ARPA>, dsill at NSWC-OAS.arpa (Dave Sill) says:

> I suggest that the FSF change the parser produced by BISON to output a
> copyright notice each time it is executed.  I also think that messages
> notifying users of the copyrighted nature of the output of BISON
> should be placed in the COPYING file and the BISON man page.

I suggest that they remove the copyright notice.  I rather suspect that
it is there by mistake.  Makes about as much sense as putting a
copyright notice into a .o file generated by cc.

How about it FSF?  Are you listening?

		Dave Jones
		880 Fox Lane
		San Jose, CA.