Fortran -vs- C for Numerical Computing (not really)

NANJIL NESAN cpk at valideast.UUCP
Wed Apr 27 02:44:30 AEST 1988

I have used C as the prinicipal language in many matrix and relaxation
oriented number crunchers with no problems. I feel using pointers is
definitely a plus and it is done with ease in C. I have written most
of my own libraries. I guess FORTRAN will have many more prepackage
number crunccher libraries. However C libraries in simulation are
definitely growing and for long term use I will tilt towards C.