Optimization (was Re: volatile)

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Wed Apr 27 06:28:51 AEST 1988

> Who do I send my vote for "#pragma volatile" to?

Your implementor.  Notwithstanding some of the cricitism of "volatile", it
is moderately well entrenched in X3J11 now... especially since the public-
comment period that has just closed was the last serious chance to get rid
of it.  If you really dislike it (I personally don't, I just think it's
a bit overdone), you've missed your chance.
--
NASA is to spaceflight as            |  Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
the Post Office is to mail.          | {ihnp4,decvax,uunet!mnetor}!utzoo!henry