standards development process

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Fri Apr 15 15:25:39 AEST 1988

In article <1510 at se-sd.sandiego.NCR.COM>, rns at se-sd.sandiego.NCR.COM (Rick Schubert) writes:
> When and if there is an ANSI C Standard that contains "noalias", feel
> free to write programs that do not contain the token "noalias".

I am certainly not a |noalias| wizard, but it strikes me that Rick
might be premature here; those who understand |noalias| are well
encouraged to correct me.

While I may be free to not use |noalias| myself, I am required
to interface with the library, most of whose routines have arguments
declared with some permutation of |const| and/or |noalias|.  Because
of this I think I think I have to have some nominal awareness of
what these keywords do; the violent flamage against |noalias| leads
me to believe that just pretending they are not there will get me
into trouble.

Anybody?

--
Steve Friedl   V-Systems, Inc.   "Yes, I'm jeff at unh's brother"
friedl at vsi.com  {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl  attmail!vsi!friedl