gotos

David Collier-Brown daveb at geac.UUCP
Tue Apr 26 03:15:24 AEST 1988

>In article <451 at goofy.megatest.UUCP> djones at megatest.UUCP (Dave Jones) writes:
>>Mr Spencer, Mr. David Brown, and the loquacious Mr. Gwyn all say straight
>>out that I am an advocate of the use of the goto statement.
>>But I never once in any of my postings endorsed the use of the goto
>>statement!  You may verify as much if you will reread the postings.

Point of fact:
   My name is Collier-Brown (just ask Joyce!).
Point of fact:
   I'm the guy who said Dave Jones condoned gotos, and said Henry
Spencer could fine me when I used them.

Point of order:
   Its OK to get mad at me, I have a relatively thick skin.  (I have
to, I still use gotos for things (:-)).

--dave (My first language was FORTRAN II) c-b
--
 David Collier-Brown.                 {mnetor yunexus utgpu}!geac!daveb
 Geac Computers International Inc.,   |  Computer Science loses its