volatile isn't necessary, but it's there (creeping pedanticity)

Ozan Yigit oz at yunexus.UUCP
Sat Apr 9 15:06:45 AEST 1988

Eric S. Raymond (snark!eric) writes

>Yeah. Maybe we should form our own analogue of Vietnam Veterans Against The
>War; Compiler Hacks Against Compiler-hack Elitism.

	I think, seriously, something needs to be done, and soon.
	More than once, the *commercial incentives* behind this
	standard has been commented upon. Needless to say, the
	resulting *standard* bogosity will be cemented by the
	commercial implementations of the language. My hope is
	something like the Gnu C compiler may help the cause: It is
	an excellent compiler, for free, and currently free from the
	*standard*. [Sounds familiar: Common(?) Lisp vs. Scheme,
	and Franz, and ...]

	Of course, it also helps the New Testament (K&R^2) came out
	just in time...
--
... and they will all		Usenet: [decvax|ihnp4]!utzoo!yunexus!oz
bite the dust ... 	    		......!seismo!mnetor!yunexus!oz