GNU Manifest

Randell E. Jesup jesup at pawl21.pawl.rpi.edu
Sat Apr 2 07:30:49 AEST 1988

In article <1214 at ucsfcca.ucsf.edu> roland at rtsg.lbl.gov (Roland McGrath) writes:
>I don't know what all the legalities are, but I know it is not the
>intention of FSF to make all binaries made by GNU be FSF property.
>(Well, RMS would like everything everywhere to be free, but he's
>not into forcing this on people.)

	When I questioned him about it, the response was that if you want to
use Bison, you MUST make everthing you make with it, AND everything else
you distribute with something you make with Bison, freely redistributable.

	I see an opening for someone to write a PD version of that table-
handling code to replace the canned code in Bison.

     //	Randell Jesup			      Lunge Software Development
    //	Dedicated Amiga Programmer            13 Frear Ave, Troy, NY 12180
 \\//	beowulf!lunge!jesup at steinmetz.UUCP    (518) 272-2942
  \/    (uunet!steinmetz!beowulf!lunge!jesup) BIX: rjesup

(-: The Few, The Proud, The Architects of the RPM40 40MIPS CMOS Micro :-)