Modula2's godawful IO.

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Mon Apr 25 02:44:12 AEST 1988

In article <230 at jupiter.olyis.UUCP> ecb at pluto.UUCP (Eric Brown) writes:
>In article <942 at unmvax.unm.edu> mike at turing.UNM.EDU.UUCP (Michael I. Bushnell) writes:
>>Go ahead and use printf.  It doesn't really cost you that much.
>Now include the size of the floating point libraries.

Sounds to me like to need to have a little talk with your compiler vendor.
There is no need to link floating-point support into the process image
when the application has made no use of floating point.  Even the old PDP-11
UNIX got this right -- there were two _doprnt entries in the library, one for
use with floating-point and one without; the choice was tied to whether or
not the compiler had generated a ".fltused" reference.