Put your code... (was Re: gotos

Greg Limes limes at sun.uucp
Fri Apr 29 12:43:18 AEST 1988

In article <1988Apr27.164212.12535 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>                                       It doesn't take much of an optimizer
>to notice that the instruction sequences preceding an unconditional control-
>flow merge are identical, and condense them into one by branching to the
>beginning of the sequence rather than the end.

So the compiler can recognize the common code -- big deal. If I have
several cases, all of which want the same ten line trailer, I would
rather put it in one place than spread it out in my source. This calls
for a boolean, or (gasp) maybe even a goto.
--
   Greg Limes [limes at sun.com]				frames to /dev/fb