Time Functions

00704a-Liber nevin1 at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Fri Apr 8 04:46:39 AEST 1988

In article <12851 at brl-adm.ARPA> TLIMONCE%DREW.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
>One thing that's not too well defined (pre-dpANSI) is the time functions.
>I need to find a way to tell how long a procedure took to execute (I'm
>doing time comparisons for a Csci class).  Because of my situation
>I need the number of [any unit of time]s that my process used... not
>how much time has passed.

The reason that this isn't very well-defined for C is because it is not a
part of the C language.  The timings that you want are a function of the
operating system and/or hardware that you are using, and may possibly be
available via operating system calls.  You should cross-post your
request to comp.os.vms for more information.
--
 _ __			NEVIN J. LIBER	..!ihnp4!ihlpf!nevin1	(312) 510-6194
' )  )				"The secret compartment of my ring I fill