volatile isn't necessary, but it's there

Michael Meissner meissner at xyzzy.UUCP
Sun Apr 10 02:24:08 AEST 1988

In article <10068 at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> lvc at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Lawrence V. Cipriani) writes:
| Seriously, this is a minor botch but still a botch.  I'm going to
| write to complain about this (among other things) in particular
| and the "vendor bias" in general.
|
| Future language standardizations should have more representation by
| users, and this should be required by ANSI.  We've been had one too
| many times.

Then where were you?  Seriously, yes the ANSI C committee is top heavy
with implementors, but very few users have ever come to the meetings.
We do have a few users (around 8 out of 45ish voting members).  In fact,
one of the "users" spent his own money to attend.
--
Michael Meissner, Data General.		Uucp: ...!mcnc!rti!xyzzy!meissner
					Arpa/Csnet:  meissner at dg-rtp.DG.COM