'C' style etc...

Peter da Silva peter at sugar.UUCP
Mon Apr 11 12:29:14 AEST 1988

In article <8449 at agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, doug at eris.UUCP writes:
> In article <893 at nuchat.UUCP> peter at nuchat.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
> >			case 'REXX':
>
> This is bad style...it is not guaranteed to work, according to K&R, and
> certainly does *not* work with many C compilers.

Whadda you know. Every compiler I've hit with this so far has worked just
fine. I just assumed that it was in K&R. After all, it makes perfect sense,
modulo byte ordering problems, so by the principle of least astonishment
it should be there.

Hey! X3J11! Here's something that should be in the standard, and that has
prior art, and is useful. How about it?
--
-- Peter da Silva  `-_-'  ...!hoptoad!academ!uhnix1!sugar!peter
-- Disclaimer: These U aren't mere opinions... these are *values*.