C Style

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Sun Apr 24 03:09:25 AEST 1988

In article <20126 at think.UUCP>, barmar at think.COM (Barry Margolin) writes:
< I can think of one reason, however, why 1 should be used as a standard
< truth value.  Single-bit fields in structures are generally used as
< flags, and it would be nice to be able to say flag = isXXX(...) rather
< than flag = (isXXX(...) != FALSE).

Techinically, shouldn't TRUE be `1U' if it goes into a bitfield?
I'm not sure but would like to hear some thoughts on this...

--
Steve Friedl      V-Systems, Inc.    Gene Spafford for President!
friedl at vsi.com   {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl