Problems porting GCC compiler to Gould

William E. Sommerfeld wesommer at athena.mit.edu
Wed Apr 20 04:05:00 AEST 1988

In article <523 at sol.warwick.ac.uk> cudcv at cu.warwick.ac.uk (Rob McMahon) writes:
>I don't know if this is the right group to send this to, if not maybe
>someone could point me in the right direction ?  Sorry if this is such a
>long article, if you know nothing about the guts of GCC, please skip it.

You can try sending mail to Stallman directly <rms at prep.ai.mit.edu>; he
tends to be very helpful in dealing with porting problems with GCC.  The
gcc mailing lists are <info-gcc at prep.ai.mit.edu> and
<bug-gcc at prep.ai.mit.edu>; you can have yourself added by sending mail to
<info-gcc-request at prep.ai.mit.edu> or <bug-gcc-request at prep.ai.mit.edu>
respectively.

I do suggest that you get a more recent version of the sources; version
1.19 has a new MD command in it called `define_expand'; this lets you
define additional strategies for instruction expansion, including
introducing temporaries and also giving the option of deciding to punt and
do a library call instead.

				- Bill